Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Nursery Updates :)

I've been excited about getting Clare and Jack's nursery together since...well probably since before I was even pregnant haha. I like when things have their rightful 'place' in my house, even if it's organized chaos (i.e. I have a bad habit of leaving my shoes downstairs BUT they are always left piled in the same spot! Make-shift shoe closet!) So knowing that I'll be entering the world of parenting, where everything will be chaos, I was on a mission to get their shit together as much as I could. 

.....I know people call this 'nesting' but I maintain that it has nothing to do with hormones. My crazy labor dreams, sporadic laugh-crying, over-heating...hormones. Wanting to get as organized as possible before it becomes impossible is just smart. HUZZAH, STEREOTYPES! Yo face.

Anyway, we're pretty much done with their room! This is going to be rambly, but I loved putting their room together.



Here's my favorite view. They won't be in their separate cribs for a little while, but I LOVE seeing them there. Notice the animal heads that Sam and I painted :D 
In between them is this basket I got with my mom forever ago from an antique store and it's filled with diaper changing goodies (like extra pad liners, more wipes, butt cream) and some mustela cleansing fluid (genius!) 
The gorgeous crucifix we got as a wedding present and it fits so well in the room. Meant to be!!
I got that Ikea bookshelf filled with lots of diapers, onesies for each of them, burp cloths, blankets, hats/headbands and bibs. I thought I'd regret not getting a dresser (and I still might...) but I love how cute this turned out.
On top is a changing pad, and this really cute pink salt lamp (which are apparently are good for you?) that gives the most perfect glow. Like the best kind of nightlight glow. Win!


Jack's side. I mean...come on. It's so darn cute. Maybe not the most masculine but baby boys don't need testosterone thrown at them! I printed out all those little things and hunted for the frames (not too hard...I was mostly hunting because I'm cheap and frames are expensive!) I absolutely love how it turned out though.


Clare's crib. Again...come on. Friggin' adorable. There's lots of pink, but I feel like it's not overly girly or frilly, but it's still obvious that a girl is sleeping here. 
And I still love those blankets I got for the two of them. It's going to be the best getting to wrap them up in them, finally! ....I'm trying to remind myself that their room is only going to look this good for such a short time till those little terrors are in there living it up haha


And here's the view when standing by the changing table. It's not really my fave view, but it's coming along. I definitely focused most of my energy to their sleeping/changing arrangements.
 I don't have tons of stuff hanging in the closet because let's be honest...hanging onesies is stupid. All those hangers will come in handy when they get bigger (I get around to washing their bigger kid clothes) and actually need things that shouldn't be wrinkled. 
I do love the curtains hanging instead of the mirrored doors that were there before..much easier access. And I've had those curtain panels forever so it's nice I'm still getting some use out of them :) 

There's a few other little bits and bobs that I haven't snapped pics of...like the really cute laundry basket in the corner, the embroidered cloth basket I got to hold lots of cozy thicker blankets, and the shell-topped side table to go next to my rocker (I had to explain to David why this would be necessary...where else would I put my laptop to watch endless episodes of How I Met Your Mother while rocking/feeding/soothing the sweet babes??) 
But I know I'll be taking endless pictures of the two bean sprouts in here, so I'll stick them by all these random bits and post them later ;D

 I definitely love being in this room and it both excites and terrifies me that soon it will be taken over with our children :O



1 comment: