Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Dear Babies,

Dear Babies,

It's 5:30am and once again, the three of us are awake, enjoying a cup of hot chocolate (made with milk, cocoa powder, and sugar. The best way to make hot chocolate. And probably way cheaper than buying those little packets. I digress...) and watching pre-recorded Gilmore Girls. We're already at the point where Rory is at Yale, Loralai and Luke are together, and Richard and Emily are split up. Yep...the days of Jess are already over BUT so are the Dean days, yay!
It's just me, you guys, and the Gilmores, per usual. The world is asleep, so is your daddy and even though I'd rather be asleep too, I'm sitting here with the realization of how fleeting this time is. 
I know the day you're born, I'm going to try to be so mentally present--as mentally present as I can be on such a big day--because it is going to be a BIG DAY. 
But I need to be just as present in little moments like these, because they aren't going to last. Soon the three of us will be up together, but I won't be lounging on the couch with a cup of perfectly made hot chocolate resting on my belly, feeling you two bump and roll around. I might get you, Clare, to watch Gilmore Girls with me eventually but Jack, you'll probably be like your dad and revolt against the girly banter.

So hey, you two, thanks in advance for waking me up with all your little baby movements so that we can enjoy this sweet time together. 
Right now, I love it.

xoxo

1 comment: