Tuesday, August 12, 2014

37 weeks and counting?

Fun fact: I used to wear this "shirt" as a dress :O

37 weeks. It's amazing the babes and I have made it this far. The majority of twin pregnancies start labor around 36 weeks, so we're already ahead of the curve! Although I think this statistic is a bit skewed because I know if the two are sharing a placenta/amniotic sac, they come earlier. As opposed to my baby beans who each have their own little apartment goin' on. At this point, I'm feeling pretty good that we'll have 6 pounders on their birthday.
In other news, I've finally hit the point where I don't think I could get any bigger. Where I'm starting to think that my body couldn't possibly handle getting any bigger. So needless to say the past week I've been doing everything to start labor, without going too extreme (I mean...I know they say spicy food can work, but I don't want to end up having a super upset stomach and MONDO heartburn and still not go into labor. Taco Bell counts, right?) Obviously, nothing has worked so far :(
We had our first fetal non stress test (NST) yesterday, where they monitor the babes' heartbeats when they move and when they aren't moving, to make sure it's spiking at the appropriate time (I think...) But it also monitors if I'm having contractions. The last couple of days, I think I've been feeling sporadic ones, so when I asked the nurse (after the 40 minute test) if anything was going on, she looked at me and said "No." 
Well, she said more about it being just normal irritability (do I need to start damning that Taco Bell??) DARN IT ALL but all I heard was the resounding 'no'. I could just feel the beans high fiving in there, giggling. Already ganging up on me >:(

So now we're officially playing the waiting game. David goes back to work tomorrow, and since last Friday he's been super confident that the beans would be here before then. Now he's not so sure...and neither am I in all honesty. So I'll be doing laps around my air conditioned house or bouncing on a yoga ball hoping that contractions or water breaking commences. Fingers crossed something happens sooner than later!!

How far along? 37 weeks 3 days 
Total weight gain: About 38 lbs.  Apparently I'm still supposed to be gaining a pound a week because *shocker* the babies are just packing on pounds still. Which must be the reason literally every morning feels more and more difficult to get roll out of bed.
Maternity clothes?  Yep, and my moment of missing wearing them has passed. There are so many shirts that don't cover my giant belly anymore that getting dressed in the morning is just pretty depressing.
Sleep: I still have bouts of waking up in the middle of the night, but I don't have any shame falling back asleep at 7am and sleeping till like 11am. I'm taking full advantage of the advice "get sleep while you can!"
Best moment this week: David installing the car seats in our new minivan. Yep, we bought a minivan that we actually really love (despite it not having power sliding doors..we're working on rectifying this...). And I loved seeing the two car seats installed in the back, already filling up the extra space. We'll be driving that thing to the hospital a family of 2 and leaving as a family of 4. It's so mind blowing
Miss Anything? You know what I'm going to say. I miss not being pregnant. But I'm doing my best not to dwell on this because I know at any time now I won't be pregnant anymore and I'll miss their baby rolls and kicks. 

But let's be honest, that's the only thing I'll miss haha ;D
Movement: I've been pretty good about "counting" fetal kicks, like I'm supposed to be. It's supposed to be at least 10 an hour but they still are stretching and rolling all the time. Plus if I think "hmm, it's been a while since I've felt anything" I'll sort of poke and prod them till the push back. It's really endearing, actually <3
Food cravings: Nooooothing. I've been sticking with my little nibble plates (i.e. cheese, fruit, salami, crackers, aaaand whatever else we've got in our fridge/pantry) We did go out for sushi yesterday, after our NST appointment, figuring it would be a while till we'd be able to be back. And boy, was it deleeesh.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I have been feeling bouts of nausea, but then I drink some water and I'm ok again. Damn baby, hydration is no joke.
Gender:  Should I finally delete this question? I skip it every time haha 

Labor Signs: Le sigh. Pretty sure I've lost my mucus plug (sorry, readers haha), I'm a bit dilated and pretty effaced. So all the signs are there. Labor, where are thee??
Symptoms: Symptoms? Haha 37 weeks pregnant with twins. And all that comes with that. 
Belly Button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? Off...sapphires fo' life

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. We are just oh so happy. I realized I should probably get a picture of David and I while I'm still pregnant. He's been such a big part of this pregnancy (I mean...aside from the super obvious you-did-this-to-me angle) in that he's been just as excited about our new little ones as I have. 
Looking forward to: Come on...I'm looking forward to meeting our future doctor/artist/SherlockHolmes/bee-keeper 

1 comment:

  1. My heart swells ten-fold every time I catch a new read! Love you twin mom!!

    ReplyDelete