Tuesday, July 29, 2014

35 weeks!

Me today (35.3 weeks)

Me at 35 weeks exactly


Alright, I look smaller this week than in last weeks belly photo. And I attribute it to my excellent selfie-taking ability and David's complete lack of girl-picture taking ability. Bless his heart. I mean...I know it looks like I've really got a basketball hidden under my shirt, but I feel like the rest of me still looks pretty normal! (Although I know it isn't. Stretch marks tell no lies...) Plus, the tighter the clothes these days, the better. I hate putting stuff on and feeling like it's tenting out. Pregnancy self-image issues man....they're real.

How far along? 35 weeks 3 days 
Total weight gain: I still think around 36lbs. I don't know, I haven't weighed myself in a couple of days, and I don't have my doctor's appointment until Friday. 
Maternity clothes?  Still yes, and still feeling limited *cue Wicked music* 
Sleep: Still sporadic. Last night the beans were moving SO MUCH to the point where it didn't matter what position I was in, they were rolling around and poking their limbs out to no end. I'm wondering how they'll like swaddling...
Best moment this week: Getting my maternity back support belt! I don't wear it all the time, mostly if I'm up running around (i.e. doing the dishes or getting ready for the day haha) because sitting in it doesn't feel so great. But if I'm up walking/standing, it feels awesome. Not so-amazing-it's-like-I'm-not-even-pregnant-anymore awesome....just better than before it was on.
Miss Anything? I miss being able to snuggle up to David in the morning. I can only scootch (scooch?) over so far until my big belly hits him, and my face is still a million miles away. Plus all the scooching isn't very subtle, and has me breathing all heavy like the mouth-breather I am 
now so it's not exactly the nice morning cuddles we used to enjoy.
Oh, and on that same note, I miss not snoring. I have to sleep with earplugs because I wake my damn self up :/ Thanks, body, for revolting against these last precious weeks of quiet sleeping time 
Movement: Non-stop, which is good but I've read that if babies stop moving, it means labor is near. So they can have one more week of womb rolling around time and then they better get all Zen and ready for birth!
Food cravings: Nope. Although I've gotten sick of drinking ice water. I've been really good about drinking water all day, partly because that's what everyone tells every pregnant lady to do, but also because it's super hot and I'm in air conditioning like 24/7. It makes for a very dry combo. So I've tried strawberries in my water, which was ok...not really my fave. I stocked up on a bunch of iced tea today, so hopefully that will help.
In a moment of desperation last night, I googled "what is more hydrating than water". Guess what? Nothing. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: No, I'm more in the aches and pains stage, I think. I don't know which one is better. 
Wait, yes I do. The queasiness is better. Because I can avoid foods/drinks/whatever. I can't do anything about this pain.
Gender:  Still our little boy and girl
Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: All the aches, everywhere. I'm pretty much done with being pregnant....but still not feeling ready for babies? Ha! 
Belly Button in or out? Out/flat.
Wedding rings on or off? Off...sapphires fo' life

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Our little co-sleeper was set up this past weekend, which ended up being a lot more complicated than it looked (so I'm glad we did it early!) and I love seeing it set up next to our bed. I try to picture our two little ones in there, and get all gooey and excited. But then I picture two crying little ones in there, and feel panicked haha
Looking forward to: Going out to dinner tonight with David's brother and wife! It feels like forever since I've done anything social, so it should be a good time :) I'm even going to wash my hair for the occasion! Dry shampoo can only go so far ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment