Wednesday, July 23, 2014

34 weeks!

This is me feeling super heavy, with unwashed hair (thanks, hat!)  and totally sleep deprived. 
With twins, in summer. Le woof.
The good news first: at our ultrasound this week (hopefully the last one! I'm over them...the babies are too big to really see anything good and laying on my back for long periods of time suuuuuuucks) Jack weighed in at 5lbs 4oz and Clare is 5lbs 5oz! They're still so close in weight, and their heads are snuggled all close together still :)
But that means there is a 10lb 9oz 'baby' in me. Plus 2 placentas. Plus all the friggin blood pumping around (which reminds me...David grabbed for my hand the other day and was shocked at how warm it was. He asked why my hands, which are usually freezing, were so hot. I had to remind him that I've got two extra people that my body is pumping blood for, and it's kicking into high gear right now haha) 
So yes, it's finally come that time when I feel huge and horrible and heavy. But hearing how great our babes are growing, it definitely makes it worth it. It doesn't make it easier, or make me love feeling all large and gross, but it's nice knowing I've got two little beans in there that are getting chubby. Our doc was super excited at how their weight gain is right on track, and is very optimistic that they won't need any nicu time *high five babes!*

How far along? 34 weeks 4 days 
Total weight gain: 36lbs. Still gaining weight! 3 pounds in 1 week? Lawrd. 
Maternity clothes?  Yep and nothing new or exciting in this department. 
Sleep: It comes and goes. Some nights I get awesome sleep, with the exception of bathroom breaks, and other nights I'm up all night and no matter what I do, I'm just awake.
Best moment this week: Let's see...I'm not sure! I guess knowing that the babes are still growing and my body isn't ready for labor yet. It's nothing new, but it's still awesome. Nothing else is really occupying my time or thoughts anymore, so I guess that will do :)
Miss Anything? Not having heartburn.

Movement: Constantly. This week I've really tried to enjoy it since I know we're getting close to where I won't be able to feel them this way ever again
Food cravings: Nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not this week, but I've been good about not doing much
Gender:  Still our little boy and girl

Labor Signs: Random BH contractions but nothing serious
Symptoms: This week oh man, the back pain. Lower back pain is in full force. Which, considering, I'm very lucky I'm just starting to get bad back pain. My doc told me to get a belly support band, since I'm so heavy in front. I also borrowed a big bouncy yoga ball from my folks, because apparently sitting/rocking on it helps relieve back pain/hip pain. Which is awesome, since the hip pain has continued :/
Oh and heartburn. sooooooo much heartburn.
Belly Button in or out? Out/flat.
Wedding rings on or off? Still wearing my sapphire ring. The other day I tried to put on my engagement ring and boy, it is so small. Pleeeeese let this be swelling and not just my hands getting permanently chubby

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! We're about as ready as we can be for these two! I told David that they could come any time now, and definitely *hopefully* in two weeks. I think it hit him then that we're having kids....haha he got real quiet and seemed pretty focused. Not like I'm more 'ready' than he is, but I've been pregnant this whole damn time, and he hasn't. Poor guy...it's like BOOM. Babies. ;)
Looking forward to: Buying our sweet new minivan haha no, but I'm pretty excited about it

No comments:

Post a Comment