Saturday, June 28, 2014

Our 3D Ultrasound

Clare on the left, with her eyes open. You can kind of see some chubby cheeks!
Jack on the right...I do love the shot of his little nose


Yesterday we had our 3D ultrasound, and the little beans did NOT cooperate, womp womp :( 
The two pictures above were the only two the tech was able to get of their faces. They were both being little punks, and kept hiding. Clare would keep turning her head in towards Jack's body or have her hands up by her face. Jack was basically snuggling placenta the whole time (which I didn't realize looked like stuff in ultrasounds) and so his face was pretty much always distorted. 
The tech definitely tried to get them to show us the good stuff....she slapped (yeah...slapped), shook, poked, and prodded my belly to no avail. But because of all of the poking, proding, slapping, and shaking, I was not a happy momma by the end of the 20 min sesh. Well, in all honesty, I wasn't a happy momma like halfway in, since she kept calling them little stinkers and would proceed to assault my stomach. It wasn't the intimate, miraculous moment I had heard so much about. 
On top of that, the tech never introduced herself to David or I, which I thought was pretty rude, and she didn't wear gloves. Which I guess should only be gross to her, but I didn't really like her bare hands all jelly-ed up with lube hitting my belly. 
I probably wouldn't care so much about all of those little things had the twins cooperated, but since they didn't, I left feeling more miserable than I did when we got there.

I know I'm going to love looking at these later, especially after they're born, and the DVD of the session is pretty interesting. Maybe I just had high expectations from what I've heard from my friends who've done it. And David mentioned that since we've had regular 2D ultrasounds from the get-go, it wasn't as 'magical' since we see our babes pretty often. 

I'm glad we did it, I don't think I'd do it again, but I'm sure it's going to be tons of fun showing them off to our families :)


No comments:

Post a Comment