Thursday, June 26, 2014

30 weeks!

I'm such a brat this week. I had my sweet mom take a bump pic for me.
But I didn't like them (not because of the quality, Mom!) but because I was just having an
'I-feel-ugly-no-matter-what-I-wear' day.
So here's a sad selfie one (that I still like better haha)

OKAY big news this week...druuuuuum roooolllll.....Clare FLIPPED! Both my little beans are now head down. Good job, babies!! I'm having my first moment as a proud parent ;) Now I just pray there is NO more room for anyone to do any flipping, and they stay like this for another 7 or so weeks. 
So that was the best news that we got from this week's appointment. My mom (who came with me this time...so nice!) said she was surprised I didn't start doing a jig right there on the table haha 
I also mentioned to my doc that I've been having those braxton hicks-type belly feelings (i.e. some invisible little fairy inflates my belly till it feels like it's going to pop) so she measured my cervix again to make sure I wasn't going into preterm labor. This made me secretly super happy because I wanted to make sure my body wasn't getting all confused by the 6 pounds of baby in there and start kicking things into gear. It's not confused. This body clearly knows what's up...I've still got 4+ inches of cervix, yeaaauuh! She even commented that it's more than some singleton pregnancies she's seen (yup...singleton. Never thought I'd get used to using that word ha)
To top off a great week, we're going in for a 3D ultrasound tomorrow morning. I'm sure I'll be posting pics/video of that soon ;)

How far along? 30 weeks 5 days (oops kind of late this week)
Total weight gain: still 28 lbs. Looks like weight gain is slowing down...
Maternity clothes?  Oh yeah. I've grown out of a couple of shirts (Old Navy maternity is only good if you are a very small pregnant lady, I've decided) and shocker, I'm getting really tired of having such a limited wardrobe. Oh, on the plus side, we finally got a new key to our pool which means I can go get a bathing suit! Yay for something new!
Sleep: I've been napping a lot more. Almost as much as my first trimester. And I've been up less at night. So I've been getting lots of sleep, but oddly I never really wake up feeling refreshed. So that's fun
Best moment this week: See above ;) head down babes, long cervix, low BP, etc. etc.
Miss Anything? Being comfortable. I've realized I'm at that stage I've heard so much about where it doesn't matter what position I'm in, I'm not comfortable.

Movement: Constant. They're kicking right now, ha! I've sort of been hating it this week, because it's gotten so uncomfortable, and I feel like no matter which side I lay on (since I can't lay on my back or stomach, obvs) I'm squishing one of them. I'm hoping that all the crazy movement I've been feeling this week was Clare flipping and that they'll mellow out. But I doubt it, haha. I'm trying to remind myself how special this time is--how I'm the only one who gets to experience these two like this, that this time is so fleeting, and I'll be missing this when they start getting older. 
Food cravings: Cravings are real. I found myself eating half a bag of baked cheetos and endless amounts of pickles the other day. Just those two things. I credit that to be the one totally wacky craving I've had this whole time (I maintain that wanting cheeseburgers all the time is totally normal and has nothing to do with being preggo)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nausea has returned! Hello old friend. If I eat too much at once, which basically means a normal-sized meal, I feel pretty nauseated. 
Gender:  Still our little boy and girl

Labor Signs: A confirmed NO for this week ;D
Symptoms: Joint pain has spread from my hips and back to my legs, ankles, hands and fingers. To the point where gripping something really hurts. I'm gonna remain Positive Polly and credit it to my body being awesome, making tons of that joint-relaxing hormone in preparation for twin birth
Belly Button in or out? In? I don't know. It's not poking out so I'm maintaining IN
Wedding rings on or off? Off. WAH! I had a backup ring all ready....the sapphire ring my mom gave me on my wedding day (the one I wanted ever since I was a tiny little girl) They still 'fit' but by the end of the day, it's a struggle to get them off. So I've just given up on them.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Still get down on myself for not having enough energy to do simple tasks throughout the day, but the majority is happy 
Looking forward to: Our 3D ultrasound tomorrow, getting the cribs set up (finally!) and getting the nursery finished!

1 comment: