Tuesday, June 3, 2014

27 week bump!

So this isn't a full-body shot, but it was my favorite from the ones David took.
I think you can still tell how gigantic my belly got in the last couple of weeks.
I feel like it grew SO MUCH from before we left.
It's blowing my mind what my body is capable of

We are back from our babymoon adventure, and LAWD almighty, it feels good to be home. 10 days of travel is enough to wipe me out anyway, but add 7 months of pregnancy onto that and my pooped-ness is a sure thing. I am really proud of myself though, for not only making it through the 10 days in Georgia and New York, but also for enjoying my time with my family, my hubby, and all that GA and NY had to offer. 
We had a check up today, and both babes are still totally fine (as am I), so looks like a bit of travel really doesn't hurt anybody! Oh, speaking of our checkup today, we had a different doctor than our lovely Dr. Fung and man alive, she was not my favorite. She started telling me all these horror stories of trying to vaginally deliver a breech Baby B. Everything she said was very rushed and in my face, to the point where I left feeling so panicked and anxious, despite the fact that once again, the babes and myself are perfectly healthy. 
David and I learned today how much we love our doctor, and appreciate how calm and mellow she is. I'd be much more of a mess if every time I went in for a check up, I heard stories of various other patients. It's bad enough I Google everything!

How far along? 27 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain: 27 lbs. Apparently I'm doing great with my weight gain, and could stand to gain more (according to Dr. Crazy Pants.) I'm gonna stick with the I'm-gaining-enough and not worry about it. People always say 'trust your body', and I'm realizing that is all too true.
Maternity clothes?  I feel like just deleting this question. Of course. Although it reminds me, Dr. Crazy Pants measured my belly today (something our normal doc has never done) and I'm measuring 32 weeks. Whaaaaaaat I mean...I guess it's to be expected since there are two babies in there but it still shocked me all the same.
Sleep: I slept great on our trip, despite the southern humidity. I think it was because we were so busy in GA for D's wedding, and we walked all the time in NYC. I was really diligent about taking Pepcid before bed each night, and was still up a couple times to use the bathroom, but for the most part, good sleep.
Best moment this week: Coming home, and doing absolutely nothing for a whole day. David was downstairs and I was upstairs. 10 days together and we need a break ;)
Miss Anything? I can't really think of anything. I want to say 'not feeling huge' but I'm about to go grab a scoop of ice cream, so I can't complain too much haha

Movement: All day and all night. But now I'm getting some freaky pushy-outy movements. Not just tummy rumbles. Stuff pokes out and then melts back in. It is so creepy and it makes me laugh every time. 
Food cravings: Omg, the last couple of days all I want to do is eat sweets. I would kill for cake right now. Or brownies. But like, a lot of brownies. I bought some Jell-o pudding cups to hopefully curb this crazy sweet tooth.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No. Still just heartburn like crazy. Tums Smoothies? You are delish. And I want to eat tons of you.
Gender:  Still our little boy and girl

Labor Signs: No, although I think I've been feeling Braxton Hicks contractions? I really don't know. I only say this because sometimes by belly gets really tight, hard, and heavy and I don't exactly feel crampy, but it's similar. 
Symptoms: Super big belly, I'm finally noticing my hair/nails growing like mad, aaaaaaand heartburn. No swelling yet, thank goodness! 
Belly Button in or out? I maintain that it's in still, although David yesterday said it's totally disappeared haha. (he's wrong)
Wedding rings on or off? On. Still don't want to give them up!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. But I did almost cry yesterday when David went to pick up pizza for him and a salad for me, and I thought he forgot my salad. I was really almost in tears. Oh, hello hormones. I was wondering where you've been. 
Oh, and today I did freak out about labor. I mean...LABOR, HELLOOO. Scary shit, y'all. I like being very organized and always having a plan and I know that's just not going to be the case. 
Looking forward to: Our baby shower in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment