Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Birthing Talk and The Beans' Shower

FYI this is going to be an uber long post (with pics at the end!! Bonus?) But I started this little blog to remind myself of all the big things happening on this twin journey of ours, and I don't want to forget any of this! So apologies to anyone else who reads this too! 

First, let me start off by saying YAY another week! I'm to that point...well, if I'm being honest, I was always at that point where every week preggo counts. I've always (and still somewhat remain) fearful that these babes are suddenly going to be fed up with the sweet digs they've got in my womb and want to make an early entrance. But for now they're still loving it...they're both growing nice and big, and my body is apparently all like "I GOT THIS". Good job, body :)

On that healthy babes/healthy mom note, we had an ultrasound and our bi-weekly checkup this past week. The ultrasound took forever and not in a good way. There are two techs that work there--one is this old, smoker, grumpy-cat of a lady (the one who scolded me for drinking so much water before my 1st!) and the other is this really pleasant, quiet twin mom. Which do you think I like better??? Friggin Grumpy Cat! Now that I know she's just like that every day, I love her. She's super fast--a get in and get out kinda lady. Which is awesome since now laying flat on my back and having someone push on my stomach for more than any length of time is not my cup o' tea. Ms. Peaceful Twin Mom is so slow and takes so long getting the babes measurements. My dislike for Ms. Peaceful rose to new levels when my ultrasound this past week took 45 mins. FOURTY FIVE MINUTES. And a lot of that time was soaked up by her not understanding the new computer system they installed....a month ago. 
Needless to say I was the grumpy cat in the room that day, and was definitely missing my Grumpy Cat lady. She knows what's up. But again, the babes are growing at a good and steady pace, so that will be my last complaint about that visit ;)

At our checkup with Dr. Fung (YAY for getting back to seeing our doc!!! She's seriously so amazing. I always want to hug her after), we had our first big birth discussion. She knows that I want to go for a vaginal birth if at all possible. Which seems like it has been possible from the beginning, since my little champion Jack (aka Baby A) has stayed low and head down. But my sweet Clare-love has decided to remain breech, and not only that, she's a tad bigger than Jack. I never thought it mattered much which baby was bigger, but turns out it totally does. If Baby B (aka Clare) is 15% or more bigger than Baby A (aka Jack), there is much greater risk that the 2nd baby would potentially not be able to be flipped once Baby A was out OR get stuck if delivered breech. So that's a bit worrisome. Right now, Clare is 10% bigger than Jack :/ which is still great for twins (they're still growing together basically at the same rate) but not so good for my "ideal" delivery plans. Fung said we'll check out how things are progressing at my next ultrasound in a month. In any case, we went ahead an scheduled a c-section for 8/19 at 8:30 am. Partly because as of right now a c/s is the safest option for my little ones and partly because I wanted to at least schedule a c/s with Fung, and not end up with some other doctor (which is the case if I just went into labor...dumb Kaiser. It's the only thing I'm hating about this insurance)
So now I am praying that Clare flips. Pleeeeeeease flip!!!! My good ol' dad said he'd bring over his inversion table, so hopefully hanging upside down a couple times a week will help :)

I'm trying not to worry too much about birth, but there are so many factors to consider and unknowns just looooming in the distance. So for now, I will just be thankful they're still locked in there, healthy little Beans, I'm healthy (no bed rest!) and we'll see how it goes. David, my forever-calm husband, reminds me of these things daily now :)

Alright, lastly we had our baby shower! It was this giant party of our friends and family (I think we did end up with upwards of 60 people) and lasted from 3 till 10pm haha. Needless to say I felt like I had the worst hangover the next day....from a baby shower ;) But the day felt so relaxed--everyone just hung around drinking, eating and chatting. These days, with everyone grown/growing up, it's so hard to get together as often as you'd like. So it was nice to spend some quality time with everyone we love before we become infinitely more unavailable! On top of this, we really were showered with so many adorable onsies, blankets, and necessities. These babes are already so spoiled!!

Sadly I didn't take any pictures (womp womp), and am SUPER sad that I didn't get a single one of David and me, but here's a couple my friends Raech, Jessica, and Jenay snapped. Glad I got at least a few! 

Jenay is not ready to be a mommy ;) 
Love this girl and her awesome mom! So glad Raech could drive up from SD
(it being Father's Day weekend helped ;)

The hilarious accession number onesies my ex-coworkers Jessica and Jenay made for me.
B.2014.1.1 and B.2014.1.2. On the back it said "Gift of David Bunch"
Oh, museum humor. So good! 

Soon they'll fit into them!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment