Sunday, June 8, 2014

28 weeks!



Hello, 28 weeks!!!! I just read that viability jumps up this week to 90%. That is AWESOME and is giving me such a peace of mind. I feel so grateful that I've made it into my third trimester with no complications with myself or the babes. Saying additional prayers that this continues for 10 more weeks!

This week has been full of catching up with folks we haven't seen in a while, planning our giant coed shower, and doing random crafty things for the beans' room. I had David take the sliding mirrors off the closet and hang up some really cute teal embroidered curtains. Much easier access to all the goodies we'll be storing in the closet, and I'm sure I won't want full length mirrors in that room anyway. This mom doesn't need reminding how tired she looks ;) I'm thinking after our shower, I'll be in full on 'get-the-nursery-ready' mode. David will be so THRILLED hehe

How far along? 28 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain: Still about 27 pounds. Maybe 28? I'm not too sure
Maternity clothes?  Yep, and I got the best dresses for a baptism we had this weekend for our Godson and one for our shower. The pictures don't really make them look that cute, but I promise they are. And they are SUPER comfy, but still hug in all the right places. 
They're both Motherhood Maternity, which I've decided is my favorite maternity brand. Both these dresses are amaze-balls, and I've got a couple of t-shirts from them that somehow manage to make me look slimmer. Win. 


this is the one I got for the shower 
and this one for the baptism
Sleep: I have good days and bad. I've been waking up more needing the bathroom, or with heartburn despite taking an antacid. But I had the best nap the other day after running errands, so it sort of makes up for some sleepless nights.
Best moment this week: Hanging out with friends we haven't seen in a while. Because everyone (including us) is so busy, it's inevitable that we can go weeks (sometimes months) without seeing friends. Lucky for us, it doesn't matter how long has gone by...we always have a good time :)

Oh, and my sister-in-law giving me a big bag of newborn BOY clothes for poor little Jack, who is seriously being neglected in the clothes department. Sorry bud, but girls like clothes more anyway 
Miss Anything? Getting out of bed/car/etc easily. Yep, missing that.
Movement: Constantly, and I'm getting strong kicks now. Ladies, you were not kidding about that 'karate kicking' thing.
Food cravings: Cake! Still cake. I had David flip a u-turn to stop at 7-11 so I could get some hostess cupcakes. It was a desperate moment I'm not too proud of
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still heartburn. Not drinking enough water will make me lightheaded, but I live in California and it's summer. Anyone would be feeling that way, I think.
Gender:  Still our little boy and girl

Labor Signs: Nope! Stay cookin' little loves!
Symptoms: Nothing new. Still large and in charge. 
Belly Button in or out? Still in!
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. Even with those crazy strong baby kicks, I think "Good. Get nice and strong and FAT so we can snuggle you right when you make your big entrance!"
Looking forward to: Seeing all of most of our loved ones Saturday for our shower

No comments:

Post a Comment