Monday, March 31, 2014

Hospital Visit and my Great Hubby



There's a picture of me happily discharged from the emergency room after a wee little scare on Sunday. As it turns out, all that water and food they tell you to consume ('they' meaning every preggo help site/book/doctor around) is super important! Let's start at the very beginning.....(a very good place to start hehe)

As I mentioned before, a couple weeks back, I felt really dizzy and lightheaded while kneeling in church, and ended up rushing out with David thinking I was going to faint. All was well after a bit of fresh air and some water. Not so lucky this past Sunday. 
I felt fine walking into church, had my little water bottle at the ready, and sat at the end of the pew in hopes that I'd be getting better air circulation if I wasn't surrounded by tons of people (like I was a couple weeks ago)
But in the middle of the Gospel, which felt like a suuuuuper long one, I started getting that feeling of hot and a bit dizzy. Alright, no worries! I took my jacket off..step one. Didn't help much, so after about a minute more, I had to sit (yep, sat during the Gospel. God will forgive). But by that time it was apparently too late because next thing I remember, there's a lady kneeling at my side telling David to call 911. Then I remember that same nice lady and David hoisting me up under each of them, and sloshing me out of church. During the homily. Pretty embarrassing. 

They sat me outside on the bench, and I still felt out of it, but kept trying to tell David not to call an ambulance and just drive me to the doctors. But that stubborn man did anyway (which he got tons of props for from the paramedics and the nurse at the hospital).

It ended up being my first ambulance ride and first admittance to the hospital. Such fun (ha). All my vitals came back normal, and they checked both babies heartbeats, which were both awesome and strong (140 and 150..can't remember which one was which). So it was determined that my blood pressure just tanked and caused me to faint. Apparently this is super normal not only at church (go figure) but with pregnancy. And the doctor said since I'm carrying twins, my body is working doubly hard to get all the blood in my body where it needs to be (i.e. both babies, and then my head. That's a lot of travel time it's not used to!)

David and I both were so happy that everything was normal, and he was definitely such a trooper when it came to taking care of me. He's been so great this whole time, especially at making me feel pretty and normal. Every day he tells me how beautiful I am, and rubs my belly talking to our two little munchkins. He's such a blessing, and yesterday in crisis time, it made me realize even more how lucky I am to have him in my life. 18 week belly post soon, and gender reveal this week! (hopefully!) 

When we first found out we were pregnant! 
(Idk why I'm not wearing my wedding ring, but oh well)

He's always leaving me cute little notes, since he gets home so late from work. 
I love waking up to them :)


1 comment:

  1. You indeed are one lucky girl! I'm so happy you have him in your life...brings me peace and joy to know you are so well loved :')

    ReplyDelete