Tuesday, March 18, 2014

16 weeks! Dem Little Avocados!


Ok, so the belly picture this week is just a random I'm-going-to-the-store-but-still-wanna-look-decent shot. I considered having David take another 'proper' belly shot but his work week is crazy, and in all honesty, I haven't been getting ready until pretty late in the day. Which brings me to event #1 from this week: my last day of work was on Friday! It feels amazing already (2 days in) to not be commuting hours each day and then sitting at a desk for the rest. This morning I woke up and made some scones (even though I forgot a cup of flour so they were preeeety flat. Preggo brain?? Whatever...they're still delish ;) and am finally going to put away our Christmas stuff that's just been sitting in the corner since, well...Christmas. :/ Hooray for getting our house together!

Event #2: I nearly passed out in church on Sunday. David chalks it up to over-heating, but I think it was a combination of not drinking enough water, standing and kneeling for too long, and yes..it being very hot in the church. It was pretty near the end, and I rushed out (poor people sitting next to us) past my in-laws and my mom (bless them for letting David take care of me outside. It would have been too much if everyone was there) Anyway, the minute I was outside and had some water in me, I felt back to normal. Phew! That was a close one.

And finally, Event #3: I felt my little aliens move!!! Well, definitely one of them. I obviously couldn't tell which one, but it was this 20 second tickling (everyone says 'fluttering'...that's pretty spot on) and then when I put my hand on the spot, it felt SO hard. That hardness went away, so I'm thinking one of them was flip flopping around in there (I'm gonna guess Baby A since that little bug has been super active on our ultrasounds). I didn't cry like I thought I would, but I did feel this sense of 'holy shit...there's babies in there. For reals'. Probably not the most 'motherly' moment, but hey, everyone processes differently right? I think I'll have my 'oh my gosh, I'm going to be a mother' when David can feel them too. Or maybe never. Maybe that will happen when I'm wiping poop off of everywhere. I'll step back and think, "Yep. I'm a mom" ;)

How far along? 16 Weeks 3 days (I don't know why I always seem to post 3 days into the new week...weird coincidence!)
Total weight gain: 10 lbs, I think? Again, need to get a good scale  (Pre-pregnancy weight: 125lbs-127lbs.)
Maternity clothes? Grr, clothes. Le sigh. I am currently too small for maternity clothes (or at least the ones I've gotten) but too big for a lot of my existing wardrobe. Luckily for me, it's getting hot out so I can get away with yoga pants/shorts and a tee shirt. Not a fan of clothes this week.
Stretch marks? Nope! Still lubing that belly up with the Body Shop cocoa butter :) I don't think I'll ever get enough of that smell
Sleep: Better the last couple of days! Which is surprising because it's getting hot, and I'm dreading feeling all horrible and sweaty in bed (which is why one of my first orders of business is to install a ceiling fan in our room!)
Best moment this week: Feeling the babes :) or babe. Idk..it was probably just one
Miss Anything? Opening up my closet and knowing that everything fits. 

Movement: Yes! Well, once that I know for sure. They've been pretty calm since. 
Food cravings: Vanilla yogurt mmmm I bought a huge container of it, and like eating it with some granola. Ok, new love: granola bar at Whole Foods! You'll probably be able to find me there every couple days ;)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope! Feeling good! (aside from the minor church episode..)
Gender:  The countdown continues! 14 days!

Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Bigger belly and boooobs. Oh lord, where did these come from!? I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that I actually need to get bigger bras. Goshdarnitall
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Oh, so happy!
Looking forward to: Still finding out what gender these little bean sprouts are!!!!! I nearly went into the baby section at Target yesterday, but held out.

1 comment:

  1. So lovin' the update, both photos and thoughts...can't WAIT to know what gender "dem little avocados" are! Love, love, love...

    ReplyDelete