Tuesday, March 11, 2014

15 Weeks

Look at that little bump! For some reason, I feel like it looks smaller this week...black is so slimming! ;)


 So I was bad and forgot to take a belly picture this past weekend, and was too lazy to erase the '14 weeks' from the chalkboard. But I might like this way better! David lived up to his name by graciously waking up early to take this shot, bless him :) I keep getting worried that my bump isn't big enough since I'm carrying twins, or maybe I'm not gaining enough weight, but then I see these pictures and I'm like...ok, no. There's a lot going on there.
This week I've gotten really tired of people talking about how hard it's going to be with two, or how I'm not going to get any sleep for years, etc. etc. I always just want to respond 'I didn't know your life was so easy and you enjoy tons of sleep.' Or 'You're right, it is going to be hard! We're just going to give one up'. It's all the off-the-cuff remarks that I never have a polite response to except to nod and smile and know that they're coming from a place of love, but it has been sending me over the edge lately. 
For some reason pregnancy (and I'm thinking especially twin pregnancy) just invites all sorts of comments and questions, despite the fact that it is one of the most personal experiences ever. It blows my mind. Praying this week for added patience and grace!

How far along? 15 Weeks 3 days
Total weight gain: I'm unsure. We've got this budget bathroom scale, but I'm pretty sure it's around 8-10 lbs  (Pre-pregnancy weight: 125lbs-127lbs.)
Maternity clothes? Aside from the one target shirt, I bought a few things from Old Navy (my mom also got me a few things from ON, so I should be getting those soon!) but I've still been wearing all my regular clothes. I bought a maxi skirt (non maternity) which is fabulous but I'm still wearing my normal pants w/ the belly band and lots of leggings!
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Same as it has been. My bedtime is 10pm, but the nights I have to get up to go to the bathroom (which isn't every night!), I am wide awake. Super inconvenient  
Best moment this week: Going out with friends again! I've been such a recluse after nearly 2 months of feeling crappy, and then going back to work right when I felt better. This past weekend I actually got a bit dressed up and went out with a group of people (even ventured into a wine bar, where I had to spill the beans about my little beans since they weren't letting up about my not drinking!) It was nice to feel normal with people again :)
Miss Anything? Privacy. It is most definitely true when they say you get the most intrusive and personal questions asked when you're preggo. I'm typically a very private person, so to have co-workers come up to me and ask if I'm wearing maternity jeans yet, or when the conception date was reeeeally puts me off. I'm learning to just lie about things to keep my sanity. 
-"Do twins run in your family?"
- "No, we just used the special twin-making position to make these little miracles happen!"
Movement: Nothing yet, but I am anxiously waiting to feel them!!! I keep thinking I might feel something, but it's so fleeting, I really don't believe it.
Food cravings: Orange juice. I never really want plain orange juice, but I have been wanting it all the time. The kind you know is fresh squeezed with just a bit of pulp....oh lord. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope! Well...again, the forgetting to eat constantly. I bought a giant bag of bagels from Panera Bread this morning to keep at work so I'll always have carbs handy ;D
Gender:  The countdown has begun! 21 days!
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: David gave me a head cold last week, that I'm still recovering from, so other than feeling hungry all day, nothing!
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Despite the giant, ranting paragraph I wrote above, I'm still so happy with these two little beans and it's been fun seeing my bump grow and having David rub it and ask how they're doing' :) But also moody when I'm at work. It's such a stressful environment, and I get lots of co-workers comments about my pregnancy all day that it ends up leaving me feeling pretty frazzled. 
Looking forward to: Finding out the genders, feeling the little love bugs move, eating an asiago cheese bagel in a couple of hours ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment