Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Nursery Things and My Love for Maternity Pants

I finally bought a few things for the nursery!! It's been driving me nuts that the room we'll be using for the twins is still full of random junk that was previously in the master bedroom. We're working through it, but it's taking longer than I like. Mostly because the majority of it is David's, so I can't go through it on my own.
Anyway, since I can't just lay on the floor of my sweet nursery and imagine my sweet babes in there, it's taken me a bit to put my thoughts together about how I want it to look. (Ok fine, I'll be honest...I'd probably be this finicky even if I had an empty room to work with.)

The first thing I bought are these super cute blankets from wilder & bean:
For little Jack

For sweet Clare

I mean, come on...how cute are they. Mom, I know they aren't your fave, but it'll come together! I like that they have a very geometric pattern, that isn't too busy. And they're pretty neutral and seem like they'll coordinate with a ton of other stuff, which I love.

Then today I found the best things ever. I'll admit, I've been a bit obsessed with animals in nurseries. Not the creepy cartoony animals, like THIS
Come on...that giraffe totally looks like he's up to no good with that giant pencil....

No, I've been obsessed with real animal prints, silhouettes, and sculptures. So I was ecstatic to find these framed animal heads at Home Goods! (I especially love the antelope. Something about those horns...it's just great). The giraffe is a bit crooked in there, and there's no way for me to bust the backing open to adjust it, since the back board is nailed into the frame. We'll see how much it bugs me....I might just mangle the back. No one sees that anyway, amiright?!
Please forgive the horrible glare...
I'll be painting the frames of these bad boys...still unsure about the color. I know I'll be adding some gold polka dot decals to one of the nursery walls (the walls are yellow...) so not sure if I should give these a pop of color, like teal or coral (or both!) or stay neutral. OMG or white and tan stripes?! So many choices!!!! :D

One last little comment in this very long post (can you tell I'm putting off making dinner??), I have been LOVING maternity clothes. Like, I have amore for them. I got these amazing white jean capris from Macys on super sale, and they are just incredible. They make me feel like a normal person again since the material is actually jean and not jersey or stretch or spandex. It is truly the little things, but a good outfit can still make or break my day ;)
Despite the fact that I love these jeans, I somehow managed to get a bit of blue slurpee...cotton candy...something? on them while out at Target. I started cursing the dumb kid that got the bright blue crap everywhere, and then I realized I should just get used to getting dirty 30 seconds after getting dressed haha

No comments:

Post a Comment