Friday, April 11, 2014

Twin Birthing Dreams

So I had my first birthing dream last night. I've read that apparently I'll get these a lot (I should really stop reading things on the internet. It's so dangerous). But last night, my dream delivery was totally idyllic--go figure. 
It was just me and my mom (don't know where David was, but he definitely was not in the room. Which didn't seem to bother me, oddly enough...) and I was laying down on a bed, with a sheet in between my upper body and lower body. You know, the set up they do when you're having a c-section. But I definitely wasn't having a c-section because I kept getting told to push.
After a bit of pushing (which really, lasted like 2 dream minutes? I didn't 'feel' anything) our baby girl appeared! The doctor was all confused because she was still Baby B, and Baby A should have been through first. 
I remember her looking right at me. Totally wide-eyed and alert. haha Once our little boy made his appearance, which I didn't notice at all since I was looking at little B, he did the same thing...just stare at me. It was actually kind of creepy. 
And I didn't get to hold them at all. The nurse just sort of hovered them over my head so they could stare at me, and then whisked them away. 
I'm sure there's underlying messages my subconscious is laying out there (like....these two babies staring you down, seeing if you're up for the job...) BUT I choose to think that this was just the nicest birthing dream I'll ever have. I hope I don't ever have some horrific nightmarish one where something goes horribly wrong. (But if I do, David better be there, because I'm a-gonna need lots of soothing and kept far away from Googling anything my dream-self might think is happening.)

In other news....

Here is what I'm wearing today :) Rocking the bump and my new favorite summer hat. I want to stay feeling 'cute pregnant' as long as I can!!!! (and let me just say that camera angle totally makes a difference in my bump size!! I look way smaller in this pic than in the one from a few days ago that David took! Crazy)

No comments:

Post a Comment