Thursday, May 8, 2014

23 Week Bump

David was being such a dork, making me laugh my butt off when he was taking this week's photo, and he was so proud that he got 'candid' shots. I had to put this one up in honor of all the times he makes me laugh (even though I look like a total goob)

This week has again been blessedly uneventful. I did have a little moment of panic (I mean...I can't go a week without panicking about something) when I realized Clare doesn't move as much as Jack. At least, I don't think she does. She's on my left and Jack is on my right and most of the movement I feel is heavily on my right. Luckily I Googled this phenomenon of one twin moving more than the other and turns out it's totally normal. Which makes a lot of sense, I suppose. But things like that only make sense once your irrational fears are put to rest. Phew! 

How far along? 23 weeks 4 days
Total weight gain: still about 20. 22? Idk...it depends on what pre-preggo weight I'm going off of. According to the charts at my doctors office (i.e. when they actually started tracking my weight...) I've only gained 17 pounds. But I know better!!! Either way, my doc said I look great, and as long as I'm gaining, I'm doin' good
Maternity clothes? Yes. And sadly, I don't fit in any of my pre-pregnancy clothes anymore, with the small exception of sleepwear (um, little night gowns are my best friend ever!), some leggings and jackets. But all my summer dresses--forget it. I never realized before this that all my dresses have a cinched waist. And the few that don't no longer accommodate my HUGE boobs. I do have quite a few super cute maternity things, but I still miss my larger wardrobe.
Stretch marks? Nope!
Sleep: Heartburn woke me up a couple nights this past week, which was super annoying. What 26 year old gets heartburn!? It blows my mind the way that my body is reacting to growing two little humans. I mean, it should be NBD amirite? But other than that, I've been sleeping great, hooray!
Best moment this week: Going to our checkup after a month of no appointments, and hearing again that the babies are great (both head down and facing each other!!) and the placentas look great. I love me some good news :)
Miss Anything? It seems like such a trend, but I still miss being my old size haha. It hasn't stopped me from gaining weight, or taking it easy, and it helps that David acts like there isn't a giant belly between us when we snuggle. BUT, I'm still not loving rolling out of bed or feeling like I'm going to tip over when I bend down (ahem...shaving my legs or painting my toes? Ya, that counts as yoga now)

Movement: All the time, and David feels and sees their kicks all the time too. It's been fun
Food cravings: The other day I reeeeally wanted grape juice, but I didn't get any and I'm not too put out about it, so I'm wondering if it was a real 'craving'. I think that week of loving orange juice way back when was my only real craving.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. Eating too fast makes me feel woozy. I feel like half my problems come from eating. Not eating enough, or often enough, or too late in the day, and apparently now too fast. I feel like I have to sit with a plate of rice in front of me and just eat one grain at a time, so by the time the day is over, I'm full! :/
Gender:  Still our little boy and girl

Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: Heartburn, aaaaaand that's about it
Belly Button in or out? In but nearly flat
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Another fancy ultrasound next week. And our doc appointment that will clear me for flying to Georgia for D's wedding (not like I haven't been 'cleared' this whole time. My doc hasn't even looked concerned that I'll be flying/traveling for 10 days. I know it's all in my head, but still! A girl likes to have peace of mind!) 

Not looking forward to? The three hour glucose test I've put off forever that I have to take next week as well :/ I'll be at the doctor's a lot this week....

No comments:

Post a Comment