Wednesday, May 14, 2014

24 Week Bump!




Such a great week!! Finally took the 3 hour glucose test that I've been putting off since I failed the 1 hour one when I was like...8 weeks :/ But good news--not diabetic!! Hooray for healthy mamma!! (not anemic either, yay!) And we just got back from our monthly ultrasound and the beans are right on schedule for their size! Clare is 1 pound 10 oz and Jack is 1 pound 11 oz :) I hope they stay that close in size. The ultrasound proved to be very entertaining as well, since Clare flipped up in me, and now has her feet right on top of Jack's head. She was stretching out her little legs, basically kicking Jack right in the face. So much that he finally put his arm up to block the kicks. It was hilarious! Me, David, and the tech were all dying laughing. And here I thought that she was the calm one!! I'm sure it's going to be a running trend that I can't keep up with these two ;)

How far along? 24 weeks 4 days
Total weight gain: still about 20. Not sure, I'm going to get weighed on Friday so I haven't bothered doing it at home. I've decided not to care really about it anymore, since the babes are growing perfectly, I don't have diabetes, and I still try to eat healthy(ish) and often. 
Maternity clothes? Yep. And excited to wear the pretty maternity dress I got for Danielle's wedding next weekend!
Stretch marks? Still no
Sleep: Oh, sleep. I love and hate you. I miss my first trimester when I could sleep soundly for 12 hours straight. Yep. Said it. I miss my first trimester.
Best moment this week: Finding out I don't have diabetes (glad those 4 needle jabs brought tidings of joy), seeing the beans on the big screen, and hearing that they're growing nice and big and strong. 
Miss Anything? My sister!! It makes me sad that I've gone this far in my pregnancy and haven't really been able to share it with her. BUT good thing I'm seeing her next week :) 
Movement: Still all the time. I don't know any of their 'triggers' (like, drinking OJ or more movement at night when I'm resting). They seem to move about whenever. But I've been noticing more movement when I'm standing or walking. It used to just be when I'd sit
Food cravings: Nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still the heartburn battle, but it's not constant (yet). I have been sticking to milder foods just in case, which has been helping. I ate some tikka masala the other night....what was I thinking.
Gender:  Still our little boy and girl
Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: Nothing new
Belly Button in or out? In but nearly flat
Wedding rings on or off? On. I've got my 'fat' ring all ready to go though. It's starting to get HAWT here

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Seeing extended family next week, D's wedding, and our NYC trip! Lord, keep these babes healthy during our trip!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a great picture of you...who's your photographer? ;)

    ReplyDelete