Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Grateful Heart

Just a quick post.....
Since finding out that we're having twins, I've found myself scouring the internet/instagram for twin mom communities, advice columns, and daily blogs. They have been so helpful in preparing my mind for the adventure we've found ourselves in. 
But something that a lot of these writers of blogs, websites, and instagrammers have in common is infertility struggles. Since twin pregnancy is a very common result with ivf treatments, a lot of twin moms inevitably went through ivf. These moms are so brave to be sharing their stories about infertility and the real struggle it can be to start a family. I feel so absolutely blessed to be a small part of their community, just by carrying twins myself and  I'm infinitely aware just how lucky David and I are that we haven't had infertility struggles. 
I feel a bit guilty now thinking back to how betrayed/scared/regretful I felt when we first found out we were having two babies instead of one. I now see that God really was just doubly giving, and it's been all of the ivf mommies I follow who have helped me come to this state of gratefulness. 
Thank you, brave women who share your stories. I'm sure you do it for your benefit, and the benefit for others struggling with infertility, but it has helped me tremendously as well.

Clare and Jack, I can't wait to have you here with me. I know I'm already your mommy, but I can't wait to give you a hug, and thank you for coming into this world exactly as you should have. Two by two, leading me to lionhearted women who have unknowingly made me more humble, grateful, and loving.
xo

1 comment:

  1. Your post today made me cry...I absolutely love your reference of the lionheart...a unique breed you are about to become a part of...I love you

    ReplyDelete