Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Surprise, it's twins!

I've known for a few weeks now that I'm pregnant. For the last 10 weeks, to be exact. I knew from the first day after I missed my period that I was pregnant (not that I didn't have my 'ohmygod maybe I'm not!' freak outs). But yesterday we got the biggest surprise of our lives! Twins!! And I was laying there, praying for a heartbeat and a healthy measurement! Little did we know we'd be getting two healthy heartbeats/measurements! Since this pregnancy has taken a turn for the more thrilling, I thought I'd start documenting how I'm feeling, my fears, my excitement, so that later I can share with those two babes how they got to this world :)

How far along? 10 Weeks 3 days
Total weight gain: 4lbs.  (Pre-pregnancy weight: 125lbs-127lbs.)
Maternity clothes? Not yet!! Still holding out, although I've been looking around. Still just feeling bloated rather than 'popped'. Mostly wearing leggings, dresses and tights, and a few regular pants still, woo!
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Tired all the time. I've been falling asleep around 9pm against my will! Because I've been experiencing insomnia at night too! Best of both worlds? 
Best moment this week: Seeing out little babes on the ultra sound machine! (and finding out there's two in there!)
Miss Anything? Sandwiches! Sandwiches have got to be my most favorite thing to eat, so I nearly cried when I was told lunch meat was a no no. Togo's turkey sandwiches are like, my ultimate comfort food. 
Movement: Nothing yet, obviously!
Food cravings: Strawberries and watermelon this week. Thank goodness! I'm still craving burgers pretty much all the time. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing specifically, thank goodness. I haven't been sensitive to smells either!
Gender:  Unknown! But I know David is hoping for at least one boy! ;)
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Dizziness and stuffy nose are the weirdest and most consistent. Nausea is throughout the day, but mostly hits when I try to do too much at once (like kneading scone dough, apparently!) 
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!! But since yesterday's big news, flitting between super excited, to totally overwhelmed, to totally freaked out, to super excited again. It's a roller coaster in my head right now. 
Looking forward to: Getting a smoothie right after this post! We've got another ultra sound scheduled for next week, so definitely looking forward to seeing those little bodies on the screen again! And I'm looking forward to getting some libido back! Poor David ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment