Saturday, February 8, 2014

Seeing the Bunchies Again

Today we had our first 'official' ultrasound, scheduled because we're having twins. And boy was it an adventure! When I had first called to reschedule the appointment the nurse had originally made for me, I was given strict instructions from the nurse on the phone to start drinking 32 oz of water an hour before the appointment, because my bladder had to be very full. Being the diligent, rule-following thing that I am, I chugged 2 1/2 big glasses of water an hour before. So by the time we get to the appointment, I was DYING. Not only do I have to pee pretty much constantly these days, but I had what felt like an elephant supply of water in my bladder that needed.to.come.out. It was agony. 
I was proud however, when the nurse finally called my name and I strode into the exam room, figuring this would take 5 mins, and then I could find sweet sweet pee relief, knowing that all the uncomfortableness was worth it so they could get a good scan for the doctor.
Boy was I surprised when I got reprimanded for drinking so much water. The nurse told me that not only was my bladder TOO full (what?!) but that since I'm pregnant, I didn't need to be drinking any water for ultrasounds. She legitimately scolded me, like it was my idea to feel like I have to pee all over the exam table as she pushed all over my belly. After a bathroom trip, and a moment of near tears, I got back on the exam table, David came in the room and we were able to gaze at our babies strong heartbeats, and Baby A (we think) moving and dancing around a TON! It was just the most beautiful thing ever. So worth all of the agony and admonishing ;)

How far along? 11 Weeks today!
Total weight gain: still about 4lbs.  (Pre-pregnancy weight: 125lbs-127lbs.)
Maternity clothes? Still not yet, although my belly band arrived, and I've loved fitting into my skinny jeans again ;D
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Still tired all the time, I just woke up from a 2 hour nap actually! (It's almost 4pm.) I am finding that I'm super alert and feeling almost fine in the mornings though
Best moment this week: Seeing baby bunchies heartbeats! Loving how strong they are! Also (not tied, but falling closely behind) is when the irate nurse said our babies were 'perfect' :) 
Miss Anything? Today, sushi. OOOOOOOH sushi.
Food cravings: Still on a strawberry kick. I've been eating fruit and pieces of cheese a lot.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Only when David eats something particularly strong, and then wants to kiss me!
Gender:  I'm hoping for a boy/girl combo ;D
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Nausea mostly at night now, and just overall fatigue constantly.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Beyond happy. I'm having less 'omg we're having twins' freak outs, which hopefully will be gone till 3rd trimester haha 
Looking forward to: Showing our families our ultrasound pics. We've got the babies in the same picture this time, and it's truly miraculous 

No comments:

Post a Comment