Friday, August 8, 2014

An update? A rant? Still pregnant? You betcha.

Alright, let me start off the same way that I've been starting every conversation lately....no babies yet. No labor. No contractions. You'd think these babies, after being told for the last 9 months to not come early would listen to their mamma when I say "ok...I'm ready for you. Come, NOW" 

Ok, that's out of the way, I did have a doctor's appointment today, which my mom thankfully came to again since it was a different doctor than Fung. And let me say again that I think I've got the best doc ever. Today's doc was ok...she was super impressed I've gained only 36lbs and that my feet aren't crazy swollen. But she wasn't very warm or welcoming, something I realize I really like. Turns out I like small talk/banter with the people getting all up in my biz. 
So today's doctor let me know that I'm measuring 43 weeks. Fourty. Three. Weeks. That's a lot. No wonder my back and hips are not happy campers right now. Which makes me laugh because I haven't gotten one "ARE YOU HAVING TWINS?!" comment from strangers. Apparently I'm huge, but no one seems to really notice

She also told me (after a very aggressive cervical exam, ouch!) that I'm 2cm dilated, 50% effaced (what? last week I was 80%! She said that there is some variation between doctors about this. So I'm going to go with Fung's opinion and stick with 80%) and that Jack, Baby A, is +1 station, which means his head is fully engaged. Which means it's lodged in my pelvis, all ready to get out. Reference this nifty diagram (one of the most PG ones out there):




All that being said, I'm realizing that unless contractions start or my water breaks none of this means anything. Labor isn't here. WAH! Such a tease!

Speaking of being a tease, when I got home from the appointment, I started spotting. I got really freaked out/excited since I haven't spotted at all during this pregnancy, and I know that the "bloody show" (ew??) means that labor is eminent. But when I called L&D (after calling and freaking out David and my mom...oh, geeze), the nurse said that this apparently is totally fine after a cervical exam....go lay down and count baby kicks. She asked me if I've been counting baby kicks....um, no? But now I guess I have to. She said anything less than 10 kicks in an hour, come in.

Thankfully (or not thankfully? I don't know what I want...stay pregnant or go into L&D!?) the babes are still moving tons. 

It's really looking like I'll be posting a 37 week update :/ 

Good job Baby Beans, for staying put and growing perfectly these 9 months, but we want to meet you now. We're ready to spoil the heck out of you. Ready for the exhaustion and the crying and the poops and all of it. I never thought I'd get to this point of feeling 'ready' (one of the dumbest questions someone can ask a pregnant lady, in my opinion) but I really am now. 
So, GTFO and let me love you!

2 comments:

  1. Random check to see if you'd posted an update...sure enough you have! Made my Sunday morning! 😉
    And to Jack and Clare, GTFO so grandma can love you, squeeze you, kiss you, and spoil you too!! LISTEN TO YOUR MAMA! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahahahaha oh man I just read mom's comment and I'm dying laughing

    ReplyDelete