Thursday, October 30, 2014

Twins means two babies, but one mom

It finally happened the other day...I hit a wall. After two solid months of no sleep, thousands of diapers, a gallon of spit up, and broken ear drums from baby crying (ok...not really that last one) I had a breakdown. I cried while holding Clare, blubbering to David about how I'm tired of being tired. 

It wasn't beautiful girl crying like this:














It was ugly, snotty crying like this:















Geeze, isn't Johnny Depp just so pretty? 

Anyway, David being very astute promptly grabbed Little Miss and kicked me out of the house. He literally made me leave. So I got in my car, in my pjs, with unwashed hair, still crying and drove to my parent's house. Luckily my mom was there because I needed someone to hug me and give me pity. I was a mom who needed my mom. I sobbed into her shoulder, saying "twins are hard" over and over again. And she held me and let me let it out. I said what I never wanted to say....that two babies is hard and I don't know how I'm going to do it. I don't want to do it right now. 
And she understood, held me and made me feel that it was all ok and normal and I wasn't a horrible mom. 

Then she set me up with a bubble bath. A real bath with no babies to wash. It was awesome, I soaked in the bubbles watching Gilmore Girls on my phone and tried to detox. 

I went home two hours later feeling so much better. Full from dinner that I didn't make and wasn't take out, relaxed from soaking in a baby-free tub, and feeling relieved from admitting that I was overwhelmed by my beautiful babes.

I will be forever grateful to David on insisting we live in our hometown, close to our families so my mom can still rock her crying baby, 27 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment